Estes Park, CO &
970-586-3391 - Phone
970-577-1387 - Fax
all rights reserved
1. Do BioLynceus' Biological Solutions Products replace commercial fertilizer or can fertilizer usage be decreased?
BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products promote increased efficiency
in the use of commercial fertilizers. We recommend that the greens keeper
continue a balanced fertilizer program until the biological foodweb in soil
builds sufficient humus reserves to allow reduced fertilizer additions. The
biological foodweb in a balanced soil will produce significant quantities
of nutrients for optimum grass growth. It takes two or three years to achieve
the biological balance to significantly reduce commercial fertilizer applications.
2. Why don't fertilizer companies know more about the biological nature of soils?
The importance of soil biology for improvement of soils
and turf has been known for many years. Conventional fertilizers have been
in improving turf color but have not significantly improved health of turf
or soil fertility. Now, many operators have recognized that the productivity
of their soil is diminishing. By considering the balance of biological processes
and conventional fertilizers, the soil can be improved and returned to a
high level of fertility in a short time. By improving the biological nature
of soil, operators find that they can reduce the amount of conventional fertilizer
necessary to grow high quality turf. This reverses the trend that most operators
are experiencing. Some fertilizer companies are concerned about loss of revenue
due to operators needing less fertilizer.
3. What is the biological foodweb in soil?
The biological foodweb is the biological food chain in soil consisting of
bacteria, algae, actinomycetes, fungi, protozoa, nematodes, microarthropods,
and macroarthopods. In a handful of healthy soil the population of these
organisms can exceed the number of people on earth. The biological foodweb
is the stomach of the soil and provides a humus storage bank of nutrients
that plants can access.
4. Will BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products cause shock or burning growing turf or plants?
No. BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products will not cause any adverse
effects to turf or plants. It contains no harsh minerals but produces a biostimulation
of the soil foodweb to increase the biodiversity of the soil. Research has
shown that increase in the soil biodiversity causes a direct result in increasing
5. How often should BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products be applied?
Repeated applications during the year have proven to be very effective.
Application of our products with every irrigation is best.
6. Golf Courses and sports turf have experienced increasing disease and insect problems. How will BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products affect these problems?
Research has shown that weakly plants attract insects and disease. By increasing
the biological activity in soil and increasing the biodiversity of the biological
foodweb in soil, many diseases are significantly reduced and/or eliminated.
As the fertility of the soil increases supporting healthier plants, there
is less need for fungicides and insecticides.
7. How can BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products be applied?
All that is required is a water supply and any fertilization or application
8. What affect will BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products have on the ponds on the facility?
BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products should reduce filamentous algae
and moss build-up in ponds treated with the product. These
clearer pond but provides competitive bacteria and algae balance that gives
an attractive light green color to the ponds. If odors have been a problem
in the past, these problems should be eliminated by the activity of the
9. How soon after application of BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products, can results be expected?
The visible results are not immediate, but can usually be seen after four
or five irrigations. Generally, improved water penetration and retention
are significant. Tight soil conditions are generally improved by increased
biological flocculation and aeration of the soil. This encourages a larger
root system that can improve nutrient uptake to the plants. Digging into
the soil reveals that organic matter is converting into humus by the increased
biological action. Treating soil with Biological Solutions products along
with good fertilizer management can significantly increase the basic fertility
and health of the soil.
10. BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products doesn't look or smell like something that can make a difference in soil. How can I be sure that the product works?
As results are reviewed as outlined in answers to question 9 above, it will
be evident that this simple-looking product is effective. The dynamic results
of BioLynceus' Biological Solutions' products convince greens keepers and
turf managers of the value of the product in their operations.